FORUM YIU

l'Antre des Yiunautes
Nous sommes le Mer Sep 30, 2020 11:34 am

Heures au format UTC + 2 heures

Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: fishing waist pack
MessagePosté: Jeu Juil 09, 2020 12:23 pm 

What we may have failed to see, however, is osprey hydration backpack the peril of joining the world in feeling jouissance with regard to this matter. For, like it or not, the world groups us together with Harold Camping. For many, it is not a big step from mocking Harold Camping to questioning and ridiculing evangelical faith itself. There may be a spectrum of folly, but we're on it, at least in their minds. They see a man with a Bible making pronouncements and gathering enthusiastic followers. They see those disciples making "radical" choices based on teachings the world cannot grasp. Harold Camping and the whole "Judgment Day" thing may have been over the top, but it's simply an extreme version of the evangelical faith.Before we feel jouissance , that sense of emotional release and satisfaction at the discrediting of someone like Harold Camping, we should perhaps take a look in the mirror. It may be easy to spot false teaching like Camping's, especially when he and his followers spend millions of dollars to plaster billboards around the countryside. But what about all the "plowboys with Bibles" leading churches and "ministries" small and large in places across America and the world? At the foundation, what's the difference?

You say, in your pamphlet, that so long as we are alive we can pray for one another; but once we die, the prayer baby carrier walmart of no person for another can be heard, and all the more because the martyrs, though they cry for the avenging of their blood, have never been able to obtain their request. If Apostles and martyrs while still in the body can pray for others, when they ought still to be anxious for themselves, how much more must they do so when once they have won their crowns, overcome, and triumphed? A single man, Moses, oft newborn baby carrier wins pardon from God for six hundred thousand armed men; and Stephen, the follower of his Lord and the first Christian martyr, entreats pardon for his persecutors; and when once they have entered on their life with Christ, shall they have less power than before? The Apostle Paul says that two hundred and seventy-six souls were given to him in the ship; and when, after his dissolution, he has begun to be with Christ, must he shut his mouth, and be unable to say a word for those who throughout the whole world have believed in his Gospel? Shall Vigilantius the live dog be better than Paul the dead lion?

such craziness gets me fired up. not so much that i feel the need to vent like i used to. wringing hands & being remorseful because of gloating over the intensity of negative press misplaced IMHO. it is this after-the-fact somber considerations rei hydration pack a day-late-and-a-prediction short. i have no sympathy for Camping or those he duped. it could be if others in the church could have coordinated a concerted voice in speaking out more strongly against the apparent stupidity, the collateral damage could have been minimized.2. It is in times like these that I really love being Catholic, the magisterium is there to prevent this kind of nonsense, we can argue about the little things and some of the historical issues. But these are men who devote their lives to making sure that the Dogma the church follows is sound, I know how some feel. But I for one find that a great start place, I have not shut off my mind, and I still study. But if I've gone way south of their teachings then I have to re-examine mine, I simply use them as a marking point for systematic theology.

I was on an internet forum where they were discussing Harold Camping. The forum was populated by a large number of non-Americans who were wondering how many Americans took Camping seriously. The consensus was that Harold Camping was a fringe figure, but most Americans are Christian and most American Christians believe in the Second Coming of Christ, so while we may not all believe Harold Camping, most of us are just about as crazy.Harold Camping may be an extreme case, but he is merely carrying an eschatological agenda which many conservative evangelicals fervently believe, but to its logical extreme. He is not the problem, merely a symptom. Does he represent anything different from any other religious media celebrity begs for? In this Second Great Disappointment, Camping⬠"!s adherents were quitting their jobs, selling their earthly possessions, and giving away everything from 401k savings to their pets in preparation for what they fervently believed would be their final day on earth.

I appreciate the sentiment in this post very much as we are warned to be circumspect at all times especially as regards  the world' and our conversation. I am as much or more of a jokester as the next guy but I have felt fishing waist pack queasy joking about this. It is predicted in scripture that many false prophets will arise in the last days so it's a good idea to tuck this into one's pocket, tally it with the rest and not be frivolous in its consideration. It is significant that a large segment of the world's population took note of this.There's something really troubling about this. Camping placed himself above the witness of scripture, and quite a few Christians were willing to say, "well, ok!" He's not the only one. Osteen and others are Image preaching self-centeredness while the Bible teaches bearing ones cross.

Heures au format UTC + 2 heures